I really enjoy holiday entertaining, and last year I had the pleasure of hosting our very large family for Christmas. This week while at Smucker’s Headquarters I also had the opportunity to learn some easy entertaining tips and some easy make ahead meal ideas.
One of the recipes that I was able to create right in the Smucker’s kitchens was the Beef and Blue Cheese Crostini. I never would have thought to use deli meat which really does make it an easy and flavorful dish. I also like how easily I could switch up this recipe and make it my own. It’s so simple and flavorful and I know any guest during the holidays would enjoy these!
Beef and Blue Cheese Crostini
- 1/4 cup Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsps. minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 lb. thinly sliced rare roast beef
- 1/2 cup Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 (12 oz.) baguette French bread
BLUE CHEESE TOPPING
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsps. blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, plus additional for garnish
- For Marinade: COMBINE oil, rosemary, crushed red pepper, garlic and pepper in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds; cool. Slice beef into 4 x 2-inch strips. Combine marinade and beef in large resealable plastic bag; seal. Toss to coat. Chill several hours or overnight.
- For Crostini: HEAT oven to 400°F. Combine oil, garlic and salt in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds. Slice bread into 36 (1/4-inch) slices. Place on baking sheet. Brush tops lightly with garlic oil. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp.
- For Topping: BEAT cream cheese and salad dressing in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in blue cheese. Spread cheese mixture onto crostini. Top evenly with marinated beef. Garnish with additional blue cheese.