It’s fall which means it finally bake sale season! I remember growing up my Grandmother making the most delicious desserts for local bake sales and I was always more than happy to sample a treat. One thing that reminds me of my Grandmother is oranges. I spent my summer in hot southern California at her home, which was surrounded by a grove of sweet oranges. All summer long we would slurp on oranges and even the scent just brings me back to being at her home.
Double Chocolate Orange Brownies
- 1/2 butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Pure Orange Extract
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp orange zest
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
You will first want to melt your butter on a medium to low heat. Pull your butter off the heat and add to a bowl. You’ll want to add your sugar and eggs.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
FROSTING: I used this chocolate frosting recipe and left out the cinnamon.
Be sure to check out the McCormick Bake Sale Contest Pinterest board and pick your favorite bake sale treat (hopefully it’s mine!) and repin it to one of your boards, using hashtag #McCormickBakeSale. Be sure to follow McCormick on Pinterest: Pinterest.com/McCormickSpices
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosted Brownies from Seven Clown Circus
- Monster Sandwich Cookies from Hands On As We Grow
- Mocha Brownie Bites from Happiness is Homemade
- Minty Brownie Bites from Your Modern Family
- Pumpkin Chip Cookies from B-Inspired Mama
- Double Chocolate Orange Brownies from Our Ordinary Life
Prize: McCormick Baking Creativity Kit, including everything you need to be inspired year-round, like spices, extracts, food colors, baking tools and tip sheets ARV: $75
Please do visit the McCormick Bake Sale Contest Pinterest board and pin your favorite image (hopefully mine) with #McCormickBakeSale to “purchase” my bake sale item. It’s a bake sale so come and buy my treats!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway