I was born on February 23rd right smack dab in the middle of the 80′s. That makes me twenty eight years old today. Every time I gain a new year, I reflect back on the one prior. I feel like I am finally starting to grow and mature. I look at the past versions of myself and reflect often, with the intent to learn and grow. These days I enjoy being alone because last year I allowed other people’s feelings about me rule how I felt about myself. I spent the year loving myself, my family, my life and I reflect back and realize how much of a happier person I am now, now that I am older. I realized that you can’t dwell on the past and that you can only move forward. I learned that it’s okay to be alone and only keep a handful of meaningful friends. That those friendships are the ones that mean something, the ones worth investing my heart and my time and efforts into.
This year I will spend the year moving forward. I’ll look back a year from now and without a doubt have learned more about myself but this year. I’ll work a little harder and love a little deeper. I will keep those things that mean the most to me close and I will never look back with regret.
In the past year I watched my smile dramatically evolve. If you know me, well you know I am always smiling. Even when I hated my teeth I smiled proud. I finally have the beautiful smile I always wanted and I’m heading into this year a little happier and a little healthier. I want to go into my 30′s recharged and ready for life. I want to be healthy and finally run that half marathon. I want to push myself physically and love myself wholly. I want to feel good in my skin and feel sexy for my husband. It’s important to me so this year and I am making it happen. I will never look back with regret.
I will forever evolve but I have learned to love me and embrace the person that I am today.
In the past year I have:
- Watched my children grow another year older but cherished more moments with them.
- Gave birth to my third child.
- Potty trained a child.
- Ran an average of 56 miles a month.
- Visited New York City (twice) LA, California, Seattle, Cleveland, & Ohio.
- Got my teeth fixed.
- Shot an online video for a major brand that will air soon.
- Danced in a flash mob for Disney in Times Square.
- Ate incredible food but learned that food does not make me – Me.
- Finally registered trademarked my brand and got all of my business licenses.
- Grew my brand and had an even more professional and successful year than expected.
- Made plenty of mistakes.
- Spent days feeling guilty.
- Lost 24 pounds.
- Loved my husband more.
- Brand ambassador for more than 10 national brands.
- Received my first diamond tennis bracelet for Christmas.
- Stayed up all night with friends. I’ve also been up all night with babies.
- Laughed until I cried and danced in the rain. Kissed more and hugged tighter.