This year I have no big class party to plan so we’re going to be scaling back on the number of treats we make. This year I want to be simple and kind and send sweet treats to those people who are a part of our life every day. My kids love cooking and baking with me and they love anything they can help with. Cookies and easy and fun recipes for kids to start with. This year Hershey’s sent us a big box of goodies to share the love.
This year, Hershey’s partnered with students from the Academy of Art University in San Francisco to design new packaging for the Hershey’s Pot of Gold Collections. They’d make great gifts for teachers and friends this year!
And don’t forget to try out Hershey’s classic favorites too!
· NEW - Twizzlers Nibs Heart Shaped Candy
· Reese’s Peanut Butter Hearts
· Dark Chocolate Covered York Peppermint Pattie Miniature Hearts
· Jolly Rancher Heart-Shaped Lollipops
· Hershey’s Golden Apple
· Twizzlers Strawberry Pencil Can
I decided to make these cookies with the kids. They’re super easy and fun and feature some of Hershey’s newest candy treats!!
Hershey’s Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup butter or margarine , softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Assorted Hershey’s small candies
- Heat oven to 350°F. Beat butter and sugar in medium bowl until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. (If necessary, refrigerate dough until firm enough to handle.)
- Roll 1/4 cup dough into ball; place on ungreased cookie sheet, 3 cookies per sheet. (Cookies spread while baking.)