Whether it’s caused by the toaster or a heated oven, most of us have experienced the piercing shriek of a smoke alarm while cooking in the kitchen, though there is no fire present. The instant reaction of most people to this “nuisance alarm” is to pull down the smoke alarm near the kitchen and deactivate it to get the noise to stop. To avoid the problem in the future, many choose not to reconnect smoke alarms creating a potentially deadly problem. In fact, a survey by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) reported almost two-thirds of home fire deaths resulted from fires in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms.
A new smoke and fire alarm, the IoPhic from Universal Security Instruments, is the first alarm to debut new technology in over 30 years and is proven to detect smoke only from a real fire, virtually eliminating nuisance alarms. You can feel safe and protected because IoPhic uses a unique microprocessor technology to distinguish nuisance alarms from a real fire and to ensure the best detection of all types of fires from a single alarm. The ideal smart alarm to every room in your home, the IoPhic is proven to virtually eliminate nuisance alarms protecting your family and home.
We were snet this alarm to review and I really like that it can tell the difference between my kitchen smoke. It means no more pesky alarm if I happen to burn dinner. With Fire Prevention Week coming up on October 7-13 it’s time to update those smoke alarms.
Main Entry: To enter, visit the site and tell me another must have item.
Extra Entry Methods:
- LIKE Universal Security Instruments on facebook
- Join my community.
- BLOG ABOUT IT!!! 5 entries.
- Grab my banner(shoot me an email; I’m willing to exchange banners) 1 entry.
- SUBSCRIBE: (located home page, right hand side) 2 entries.
- Gain an extra entry by tweeting and following me on twitter, becoming a Google follower, and also by sharing this giveaway on Facebook.
- Tweet once a day for an extra entry.
- Like Our Ordinary Life on Facebook
- Add me on Google+
- Remember: List this giveaway on any contest site for 3 entries.
- You can always leave a comment on any non-giveaway post. (1 extra entry per post commented on. just go to home posts are up front, please comment on all new posts and leave your extra entry comment
Giveaway ends 10-15-2012