Nicknames For Baby

Each one of my children have a nickname. Sometimes they change as they get older. I finally settled on Moo for Brooklin after she was a year old. As a baby I called Brooklin all kinds of things, passing in baby talk but whatever made her smile. Kaila was the kind of baby that loved her own name so I didn’t have a nickname for her right away but I finally settled on one.

The same can be said for Mia. Her name is short and sweet just like her. She’s such a happy baby and loves to smile. I started calling her silly after she started smiling. Her smile is so contagious and she smiles all day long. Constantly. So silly eventually turned into baby talk and now I call her, sewey. It’s just silly in baby talk but somehow I have managed to settle in on that. I’m sure that it will change as she gets older and I’ll settle in on another nickname for her but for now….

Sewey.

She loves it.

My silly girl.

Kaila calls Mia, MiMi.

Did you have any totally off the wall nicknames for your kids?

If you enjoyed this post, please consider liking us on Facebook or subscribing to the RSS feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader.

Comments

1. Sarah says

My son is Anthony III:
    Anferney, Ant, Antny, Anthony the Turd

My daughter is Aida Mae:
    Miss Maida, Aidar, Aidar Maeter, Aida Maeda Poopy

2. Amanda says

how funny, shelby’s nuckname from Pat started out mama but in baby talk it sounds like mimi so that has become her nicknames.

Sarah’s nickname from me is shortie or short stuff.

man, Mis and Shelby look so much a like it’s crazy!

3. says

We call our daughter Monkey. She loves to climb on everything and her favorite toy as a baby was a lovey with a monkey head on it. People are always looking at us funny. Some have even asked if that is her real name, lol.

4. Denise L says

I have a good one. My daughter’s name is Elena and quickly became Miss-Elain-eous. As she gets older, now 20, we don’t pull it out often, but you’ll still hear it from time to time. My son Henry is only 3 and his most used nickname is simply Buddy.

5. Denise L says

My daughter Elena, was often called Miss-Elain-eous when she was little. It still rears it’s silly head every once in a while :)

6. says

Yep. Capri’s nicknames are tappers, tappy, & tossy. Don’t ask me why, they just came out. When Juju was a baby, it was beasers. I even have a nick name for the cat – I call the poor thing mousey.