Just because my family eats organic foods doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy summer like everyone else, one of the ways we enjoy grilling outdoors is with organic foods. My kids are not deprived in any way of normal kid foods because they can eat things like organic hot dogs.
One of the brand we really enjoy is Applegate organic meats so when I was approached by Social Moms to feature them it was an easy fit. I love that at local stores here in Portland, Oregon I can find Applegate in many varieties. Â From organic hot dogs, bacon, and our favorite apple chicken breakfast sausage I know I can easily find our favorite organic meats.
Did you know that eighty percent of antibiotics sold in the U.S. are used in animal agriculture? One of the reasons our family has chosen to buy and consume organic foods is because of things like this. I want my family’s food to be untouched by chemicals and unnecessary antibiotics. I want our food to be as close to nature and made with the least amount of ingredients. I make it a priority and I’m glad there are companies like Applegate to give my family the foods we crave. Like hot dogs!!! Totally nitrate free and organic hot dogs, they taste better than any hot dog you’ve ever had!
- When it’s hot outside, don’t cook inside! Buy fresh organic veggies that you can throw on the grill. I love doing green beans in aluminum foil with butter, or asparagus, even corn and potatoes.
- Go slow! My kiddos don’t like their dog dogs burnt so we cook them slowly on a low heat. It also allows me to multitask and not worry about them burning.
- Butter it up! Seriously butter is your friend when grilling, veggies, on meats, even top some bread with butter and grill it!
- Eat organic! Know what’s in your meat before you throw it on the grill. Know what’s in your hot dogs!
- Spice it up! I love looking through my organic spices in my cupboards or seeing what’s growing in my garden and I throw it on some of my meat that is going on the grill.Â I end up finding unique flavors!
â€œI wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Applegate blogging program, to earn My SocialMoms Rewards Points. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. To read more posts on this topic, clickhere.â€