Bursting with humorous, cartoon-style illustrations, Bon Appetit! The Delicious Life of Julia Child follows Julia from her meager culinary beginnings growing up in Pasadena (her mother only knew how to make three dishes: biscuits, codfish balls, and Welsh rabbit) to Sri Lanka, where she worked as an OSS clerk and tried exotic dishes like fish-head soup and tripe for the first time. Rouen, France is where a revelatory lunch of sole meun¨re inspired her to enroll at Le Cordon Bleu and learn to cook for the first time .What does Julia really like to do? asks Hartland in exuberant handwritten text. The answer: â€œEAT!â€
Hartland’s exquisite drawings bring to life the inspiring story of Juliaâ€™s introduction to cooking in Paris and her rise to culinary renown, from the publication of her little-book-that-could, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, to her television debut on The French Chef in Boston. Along the way we learn some humorous anecdotes (that Julia wore a size 12 shoe, for example) and French vocabulary words, and we meet Julias dear friends and family members whose support made it all possible: husband Paul, editor Judith Jones, sister Dort, and co-authors Simone Beck (â€œSimcaâ€) and Louisette Bertholle.
We were sent this adorable book and as a fan of Julia I have enjoyed reading it with my daughter. The book is so adorable with fun facts about the woman who inspired so many. We’re just thrilled about the book!
The book is now available online and at book stores!
We are so happy to say we also have one copy of Bon Appetit! The Delicious Life of Julia Child to also give away!
Main Entry: To enter,tell me about the little chef in your life that would enjoy this book.
Extra Entry Methods:
- Join my community.
- BLOG ABOUT IT!!! 5 entries.
- Grab my banner(shoot me an email Iâ€™m willing to exchange banners) 1 entry.
- SUBSCRIBE: (located home page, right hand side) 2 entries.
- Gain an extra entry by tweeting and following me on twitter, becoming a Google follower, and also by sharing this giveaway on Facebook.
- Tweet once a day for an extra entry.
- Like Our Ordinary Life on Facebook
- Add me on Google+
- Remember: List this giveaway on any contest site for 3 entries.
- You can always leave a comment on any non-giveaway post. (1 extra entry per post commented on. just go to home posts are up front, please comment on all new posts and leave your extra entry comment
Giveaway ends 9-5-2012