While visiting some local farms recently our family picked up 10 lbs of blueberries. All week long I found easy ways to use up all of our fresh blueberries. I like to make cobblers so I took my basic cobbler recipe and stick it in a pie.
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- 1 pie crust
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 1 stick butterÂ (softened to room temp)
- spices if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- First you want to mix your blueberries, sugar and corn starch in aÂ bowl. The secret is you need to mash half of the berries with your hands. This activates the starch.
- Mix the softened stick of butter, oats, brown sugar and flour.
- Simply add the berry mix to the pie shell. Then add your oat and flour topping.
Simply bake in the oven for 40-55 minutes until your crumble top is golden brown. Allow the pie to cool completely. You can see we didn’t allow it to cool in the photo below. It was so good hot over vanilla ice cream.
You can use this same recipe with any fruit and get a great result!