You sunk my battleship! A phrase that my 6 year old is learning. She likes to play the classic Battleship and I am happy since it teaches her coordinates. We have been playing the classic version, but the Classic Battleship Movie Edition which is based off of the motion picture.
What makes this version unique is the choice of being either the Human Navy fleet or the Alien battalion. But the new spin on this classic is the special ops cards which add a twist. Each time it is your turn you get to choose a card which has a variety of images. The cards give you the benefit to choose 1, 2, or 3 different coordinates to land shots, a card for bombing a whole column, a card allowing you to fire as many shots as you have ships, one for forcing your opponent to reveal un-hit coordinates, and several others. You can of course choose not to play with the cards, but it adds a new way to play.
And like with all classic battleships, the objective is to sink all your opponentsâ€™ ships to declare victory. What we really like is that this game comes in hard cases that make it easy to store the pieces away and to transport and both sides connect to each other for easy storage. This will be fun to take camping this summer.
And if you want to add something to bring the action home, check out the Kre-O Battleship Combat Chopper Set. This set allows kids to build a helicopter bringing the action to wherever they want to go. Moveable action includes a lever to spin the rotor and it launches missiles too! It includes 174 bricks, one Kreon fighter pilot and one Kreon alien figure with a twin turbine jetpack.
Both sets are rated for ages 7 and up.
1 winner will receive a Classic Battleship Movie Edition game and 1 KRE-O Battleship Combat Chopper set
Main Entry: To enter, Â I want to know -what games you play for family game night?
Extra Entry Methods:
- BLOG ABOUT IT!!! 5 entries.
- Grab my banner(shoot me an email Iâ€™m willing to exchange banners) 1 entry.
- SUBSCRIBE: (located home page, right hand side) 2 entries.
- Gain an extra entry by tweeting and following me on twitter, becoming a Google follower, and also by sharing this giveaway on Facebook.
- Tweet once a day for an extra entry.
- Like Our Ordinary Life on Facebook
- Add me on Google+
- Remember: List this giveaway on any contest site for 3 entries.
- You can always leave a comment on any non-giveaway post. (1 extra entry per post commented on. just go to â€œhomeâ€ posts are up front, please comment on all new posts and leave your extra entry comment
Giveaway ends 5-18-2012
We were provided review samples along units for a giveaway.