Weightloss – 30 Pounds In 90 Days #30poundsin90days

I gave myself a goal recently, to lose 30 pounds in 90 days. I have to give a lot of credit to my best friend Sandra. She has encouraged me to try Zumba for the past year. Sandra went from 180 pounds to 140 that she now is with the extra help of Zumba.

My weightloss journey has never been easy. At 24 I packed on 70 extra pounds! I gave myself food rules. You know like “I’ll eat this now but work out more tomorrow” I’ve done this over and over again. I’m the type of person who can eat fine all day but come nighttime and I snack. I more than snack, some nights I would gorge on foods that were not good for me. So I stalled out on my wieghtloss. In total I lost 40 pounds.

I went from this.(one year ago)

To this.(now)

Look my backfat is gone!!!

Now I’m in the final stretch. I am taking Zumba twice a week. (I wish it were 3) and still doing my elliptical workouts on days that I’m not in Zumba. I am hoping that Zumba will help me reach that last goal. I would love to once again be the person I was before Brooklin.

In total I would have lost 70 pounds, and hopefully after I lose this last 30 I can continue on and tone up. I am only 26 now and I know I have time on my side. I can say without a doubt the past two years have changed my life. From switching to fully organic foods to living a healthier lifestyle with my family.

I hope that I can inspire other moms, from food to fat. You can live helathier there is always a time to make a change. I hope that these last 90 days will solidify my dedication to myself and my family.

Starting weight: 225 lbs (wowzers)

I have taken measurements and hope in 80 days to share them.

Do you need encouragement? Let’s do this together!! Do your own 30 pounds in 90 days post and leave me a link here. Every 10 days we will weight in and share on our blogs, well we can share what we’ve lost. If you need any encouragement along the way let’s Facebook and Twitter. Use the hashtag #30poundsin90days and share what you’re doing! You’re 90 days can start today, tomorrow is a new day!

If you enjoyed this post, please consider liking us on Facebook or subscribing to the RSS feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader.

Comments

1. says

You look fantastic Kristen! I am currently working on losing too! I started with 30 to lose and am now down to 24 more to go…

2. says

Way to put it out there! I love you and there are more benefits to healthy living than just looks…its called “living a longer life.” I love and/to/do support you!

3. Doreen Riopel says

Awesome. I want no more back fat … too.
    I don’t have a blog…but have facebook.
    Could use your encouragement.
    I am starting my 2mile walk in half hour today.

4. says

Wow, I am so, so impressed. You look absolutely gorgeous and amazing! (Well, you did before, but…) I gained 6o lbs with each of my pregnancies and to get to my pre-baby weight I need to lose another 10-15 lbs and, of course, these have been the most difficult lbs to lose. You are SUCH an inspiration with your dedication to working out and eating healthy. You go girl! :)

5. says

You look amazing! I bet you feel great, too. I wish I’d committed to getting healthy and fit when I was younger, it is definitely harder to lose now. Hopefully we’ll both be down next time we see each other!

6. Eileen says

WOWser is RIGHT! Holy MAC you look incredible! But I am sure even more so you must FEEL incredible! confident, healthy, energetic. Wow. Wow…..
    I had lost some needed pounds but was due to poor health and unbelievably gained it all back, when I got HEALTHY again. Basically, I could not eat much and now I can eat again but cant exercise much. Funny how I pretty much need to lose 30 lbs. I know some might say…so what, big deal. But the 30 lbs for me is the difference between lugging weight on an older body (50) that has been sick for 10 years. It makes a HUGE difference in my energy levels and also in self esteem, ability to do fun things with our kids, walk the dogs, etc. You are SO motivating! What a great friend to help others to achieve the sucess you have.

Trackbacks